Germany, Düsseldorf, Human Resources
Director Environmental Data Governance (d/f/m)
At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of 50,000 pioneers around the globe. The teams in our corporate functions enable the best in our dynamic businesses and in our people to maximize our company’s potential. With our leading brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
- As the Director Environmental Data Governance you will play a pivotal role in shaping and overseeing the organization's environmental data landscape with the objective to support the business sustainability strategy, targets and reporting
- Guide the development of the Environmental data strategy, in line with strategic sustainability priorities and in close cooperation with the Environmental Strategy team and CSRD reporting Teams
- Develop and implement robust environmental data governance policies, define internal data ownership and accountabilities, ensuring data quality, integrity, and security
- Improve and oversee environmental data verification and control processes to maintain the accuracy and reliability of reported data and to provide relevant facts for decision-makers
- Roll out relevant data governance training to upskill the organization for broader data improvement needs. Establish effective environmental data accounting capabilities to ensure timely and high-quality availability of corporate data to measure, track and assure progress on Key Performance Indicators for sustainability
- Oversee the overall environmental data architecture in alignment with Environmental strategy, reporting obligations, ambitions and goals and industry best practices
- Collaborate with the IT department to ensure the digitial infrastructure is properly scoped, budgeted and delivered to support the timely collection, analysis, and reporting of environmental data
- Ensure the establishment of general data standards, processes and policies that dictate how data should be captured, processed, and stored
- Guide the team to define specific data formats, identify connection points across environmental and business data sources
- Bachelor’s degree in data science, Computer Science, Environmental Studies, or related field, advanced degree preferred
- Proven experience in developing and implementing data governance projects, with a focus on sustainability or environmental data as well as knowledge of climate management and CO2 accounting is a plus
- Familiarity with relevant technologies and tools for environmental data management and analysis as well as demonstrated experience in organizing complex processes, projects and ways of working with balanced short-term/long term deliverables
- Demonstrated experience in managing cross-functional teams and fostering a collaborative work environment
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders and to drive buy-in on all levels
- Strategic thinking with good leadership communication as well as leadership and team management
- Collaboration and stakeholder engagement with ability to balance short- and long-term objectives
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong project management skills
- Commitment to sustainability and corporate responsibility
At Henkel, we come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We believe the uniqueness of all our employees is the power in us. Become part of the team and bring your uniqueness to us! We welcome all applications across different genders, origins, cultures, religions, sexual orientations, disabilities, and generations.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular
Please do not use this email address for sending your application or CV. To apply, please click on the "Apply Now" button below. Applications sent via e-mail will not be accepted.