Germany, Düsseldorf, Adhesive Technologies
Regional Sustainability Manager Europe (d/f/m)
At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
- Translate global sustainability targets into regional programs & goals within Adhesive Technologies
- Steer regional investment projects for achieving our 2030 sustainability ambition focusing on decarbonization, circular material usage and circular water management
- Set standards for sustainable manufacturing in Europe through coordination with our engineering department and ensure compliance
- Drive development and implementation of decarbonization measures for Scope 1 and 2 in multiple manufacturing technologies
- Drive implementation of circular practices for waste and water usage in our manufacturing plants and the digitization of sustainability relevant processes including data tracking and analysis
- Lead regional sustainability management review, incl. risk & opportunity management and the regional network of all functions relevant to sustainability & environment performance matters
- Support regional & site management in sustainability program implementation, incl. sustainability ambassador program
- Coordinate regional sustainability scorecard/ projects & investment reviews and provide technical expertise for projects’ sustainability assessment
- Support global/ site energy management system and energy efficiency programs incl. ISO 50001 implementation as well as global/ site environmental management system ISO 140001
- Act as sustainability/environmental counterpart for major investments/projects, support processes for site decommissioning and divestment, assist in due diligence and M&A integration
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Sustainability, Lean Management, Environmental Science or similar work experience (Master’s degree preferred)
- 5+ years of experience in a manufacturing environment with focus on sustainability
- Proven green skills including managing programs for decarbonization, improving water circularity and finding circular material solutions
- Experience with mass balance certifications, life cycle analysis and water scarcity measurements is a plus
- Excellent communication skills including articulating benefits and risks of sustainability initiatives to all levels in the organization
- Capability to effectively influence stakeholders in a matrix organization
- Ability to work with conflicting targets and multiple priorities
- Ability to interpret and analyze data to develop robust business cases for sustainability projects
- Fluent English language skills
At Henkel, we come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We believe the uniqueness of all our employees is the power in us. Become part of the team and bring your uniqueness to us! We welcome all applications across different genders, origins, cultures, religions, sexual orientations, disabilities, and generations.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular
Please do not use this email address for sending your application or CV. To apply, please click on the "Apply Now" button below. Applications sent via e-mail will not be accepted.