Germany, Düsseldorf, Adhesive Technologies
Senior Expert Product Development Functional Coatings (d/f/m)
At Henkel, you can build on a strong legacy and leading positions in both industrial and consumer businesses to reimagine and improve life every day. If you love challenging the status quo, join our community of over 50,000 pioneers around the globe. Our teams at Henkel Adhesive Technologies help to transform entire industries and provide our customers with a competitive advantage through adhesives, sealants and functional coatings. With our trusted brands, our cutting-edge technologies and our disruptive solutions, you will have countless opportunities to explore new paths and develop your skills. Grow within our future-led businesses, our diverse and vibrant culture and find a place where you simply belong. All to leave your mark for more sustainable growth.
Dare to make an impact?
- Be a part of our product development team for functional coatings in the field of flexible packaging
- Product development of solvent-based and water-based heat seal lacquers, functional coatings, primers, overprint varnishes und further functional coatings for food packaging
- Responsibility for testing and approving raw materials - consider raw materials that are used in new formulations and the approval of alternative raw materials for existing products
- Effective management of development projects in cooperation with Business Development, Sales, Marketing and Technical Customer Service
- Management of pilot trials with our pilot reactor and on our coating machines
- Processing customer requests by prior arrangement
- Providing application-technological support to the customers in the field of functional coatings
- This position requires a broad knowledge in the scope of coating technologies as well as active lab work
- Bachelor or Master in Chemistry or other relevant fields
- Long-time experience in the field of product development, developing successfully coating products for plastic films and aluminum foils that are used as heat seal lacquers, primers as well as barrier-coatings suitable for different applications
- Experience in direct supply to flexible packaging convertors or experience with raw material development and supply
- Familiarity with common coating technologies and knowledge of the product requirements to apply them with different coating systems
- Ability to characterize coatings with chemical and physical methods
- Network in the field of raw material producers and broad knowledge of raw material classes that are used in the area of the mentioned coatings
- Fluent English language skills, German is advantageous
- Good MS Office skills (MS 365, MS Teams etc.), SAP skills are of advantage
At Henkel, we come from a broad range of backgrounds, perspectives, and life experiences. We believe the uniqueness of all our employees is the power in us. Become part of the team and bring your uniqueness to us! We welcome all applications across different genders, origins, cultures, religions, sexual orientations, disabilities, and generations.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular
Please do not use this email address for sending your application or CV. To apply, please click on the "Apply Now" button below. Applications sent via e-mail will not be accepted.