United States, Seabrook, NH, Adhesive Technologies
Materials Handler - 1st Shift
At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- Reads and fills out work orders, requisitions, picks, transfer slips or follows oral instructions to determine materials or containers to be moved.
- Conveys materials from storage or work sites to designated area.
- Moves all material systematically using RF guns.
- Ensures that all goods are located to their specific areas within the warehouses. This includes predetermined rows within the warehouses, quarantine areas, cold storage, locked cages, peripheral walls, etc.
- Ensures that all returned goods and released Raw materials are moved to their rightful storage area in a timely manner.
- Prepares and/or kits materials for manufacturing groups as necessary.
- Counts, weighs and records number of units of materials moved or handled on proper forms to maintain data accuracy.
- Loads and unloads trucks by hand or via industrial fork truck.
- Stacks or assembles materials onto skids and stretch films into bundles.
- Lifts objects by hand or with two wheelers or fork trucks.
- Operates industrial fork trucks to assist in loading or moving materials and products.
- Prepares production batches of raw materials for use in manufacturing by reading and following work orders / Transfer orders.
- Physically locates finished goods into location rack system via work orders and industrial fork trucks.
- Removes recycled materials from the Manufacturing areas as needed.
- Maintains a supply of pallets in the various Manufacturing areas.
- Observes all housekeeping, and safety rules related to the business.
- Commits and contributes to department 5S activities.
- Complies with the site's EMS.
- Able to work in a team environment.
- May be required to work overtime in support of the business.
- Follows all procedures within the department.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- This position has the potential to have an environmental impact.
- At all times, the environmental policies and procedures of this site will be followed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to six months to 1 year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of one year of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must be certified in shipping restricted materials in accordance with D.O.T. and IATA regulations. Training will be provided as required.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, material safety data sheets, packing lists, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to learn, and to make inquiries on mainframe terminals.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Occasionally: activity exists up to 1/3 of the time (8 hour shift = less than 3 hours total time)
- Frequently: activity exists from 1/3 up to 2/3 of the time (8 hour shift = 3-5 hours total time)
- Constantly: activity exists 2/3 or more of the time (8 hour shift = 5-8 hours total time)
Henkel does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firms or employment agencies. Unsolicited referrals and resumes are considered Henkel property and therefore, Henkel will not pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited referral. At Henkel's request only, preferred vendors may be invited to refer talent for specific open positions. In these cases, a fully-executed agreement with Henkel must be in place and current.
All employees applying for an internal position must have a discussion with his/her manager about their interest in a job posting opportunity. The discussion will not preclude the employee from interviewing if their skills meet the job requirements.
Henkel is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and other legally protected characteristics.
Contract & Job type:
Full Time, Regular