At Henkel, you can be a game changer and craft your career. Unleash your entrepreneurial spirit by bringing your ideas to life within a global team. Our leading brands and technologies, along with our high-performing businesses will provide you with countless opportunities to develop your skills and explore new paths. Your career at Henkel will contribute to a more sustainable future, while you grow within our vibrant, diverse culture of trust and belonging. If you're up for challenging the status quo, join our team of pioneers and make your mark on the future with us.
Do you dare to make an impact?
- The Trademark and Marketing/Advertising Counsel is a dual role that will split time between a variety of trademark matters and a broad range of marketing/advertising and transactional matters, advising and rendering opinions to all levels of management with respect to the legal implications of company operations and policies and working with representatives from various departments on developing and modifying practices and procedures to conform with legal requirements. Position is based in Henkel’s Stamford, Connecticut, office, with an option of telecommuting up to 2 days per week.
- Reviewing marketing and advertising assets (e.g. product labels) and advertising media (e.g. print ads, sell sheets) as well as social media content related to multiple brands in Henkel’s Consumer Brands (HCB) division for both trademark clearance and product claims substantiation.
- Managing in-house paralegal(s) and working with Henkel’s global legal team in advising the business concerning trademark, trade dress, copyright, domain name, and related matters.
- Serving as primary legal contact for HCB’s Retail Brands division, supporting that team in a broad range of legal matters.
- Clearing potential trademarks and preparing opinions concerning the availability and use of such marks.
- Managing global trademark portfolio for Henkel’s Consumer Brands, including prosecution, enforcement, oppositions, cancellations, disputes, and licensing.
- Drafting, reviewing, and negotiating license agreements, media services agreements, customer sales agreements, NDAs and other contracts, settlement agreements, etc.
- Supervising domestic and foreign outside counsel regarding trademark matters.
- Investigating infringement and counterfeit issues and assisting with litigation including discovery.
- Assisting with due diligence and related transactional matters